Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Green chillies /bell peppers 1 cup (deseeded)
Mustard seeds 1/2tsp
Fenugreek seeds 1/4tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4tsp
Coriander powder 1/4tsp
Salt to taste
Peanuts 4 tsp(roasted and outer layer removed)
Sesame seeds 2 tsp(roasted )
Mustard seeds 1 tsp(roasted well)
Red chilli 3
Cumin seeds1/2 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
1. Wash the chillies and deseed them. Slightly fry in oil
2. Put all the ingredients in a blender (listed-to Grind)
3. Heat another pan, add the cumin seeds, add( very less as we add some to grind)mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves, add the grinded paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder, ,salt to taste ,1 cup water and allow it to boil Then add the slightly toasted chillies and salt. Let it boil till it comes to a gravy consistency.
4. Better check for the taste and if u need to add something more you can do it now..
5. Dont forget to add 1 tsp jaggery...
6.Thz it!Mirchi curry/Mirchi ka salan is ready to eat with Rice!!!!