Sunday, December 19, 2010

Peach-Blackberry Bread

Peach-Blackberry Bread from my kitchen….I did not give much thought when I made this…
I grabbed two fruits(Canned/Fresh) and made this..
I gave it a try with peaches and blackberries..
Definitely good…It had the mild sweetness from yellow beaches with the crispy touch of the dried peaches combined with slight sourness of the berries..It was new to me..


Just thought to share with you!
I took:
All Purpose Flour-2 Cups
Brown sugar -1 cup
Salt- ¼ tsp
Baking Soda-1 tsp
Peach pure-1/2 cup
Dried Peaches-1/4 cup
Fresh mashed peaches-1/4 cup
Fresh Blackberries-1/4 cup
Eggs(beaten)-2
Melted Butter-1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
Raisins-1/4 cup
I did:
1.Take a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
2.Now add the eggs and melted butter, Stir the mixture with a spatula.
3.Add Peaches and Blackberries in to the mixture (with care)
4.Combine the mixture with the essence and some raisins as well.
5.Pour the flour mixture into a 9x4" pan with greased parchment paper
6.Bake at 350 degree for 60 minutes; allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes
7.Once the bread is completely cooled down, cut in to slices

Best with any whip cream or plain cream cheese.

No comments: